Aune S6 DAC, headphone amp, balanced headphone amp, black finish.
The Aune S6 has a simple, modern design, beautifully built with a brushed metal housing, free of visible screws or seams, aside from the front plate and two screws on the rear panel. It has a digital readout that indicates source, headphone or line out, volume (0-100) & music sample rate. There is a power switch on the rear panel, with a multi-function dial for volume, push once to change input, push 2x to change output (line / headphone).
The S6 uses a flagship dac chip from AK - the akm4495, decodes all common music, up to 32bit - 384kHz & DSD up to 128 via usb. The S6 is a good buy to use as a home stereo dac, even if you never plug in a headphone. However, it also includes a strong headphone amp, with up to 8 watts max in balanced mode and 2.5 watts max through the 6.5mm jack. It uses 4 independent amps, sounds excellent and achieved very good specs. We really like the build and design compared to other sub $1000 products and the sound is impressive.
- Top of the line dac: uses akm4495 main chip
- Powerful Headphone amp: 8 watts max balanced, 2.5 watts max single ended
- Inputs: USB-B, optical, coax, AES
- Headphone out: XLR balanced & 6.5mm (3.5mm - 6.5mm adaptor included)
- Line out: XLR & L/R rca outputs
- Line out THD: 0.008%
- Dynamic Range: 116dB
- SNR: 115dB
- Weight: 3kg
- Size: 28.8cm wide x 21cm deep x 6.3cm high